Business Organization, Transformation & Solutions
The proper organization of a business sets the stage for success. There are many options for the legal structure of a business such as Type C and S corporations, a limited liability company (LLC) and partnerships. Businesses with multiple principals require special care to structure a proper and enforceable agreement. The process of creating the agreement often reveals differing assumptions; addressing these issues at the onset helps to inoculate the business from future disruptions. Our lawyers have the expertise to help you select and create the structure and agreements that best fit your business’s current and future needs.
As your business grows, your needs will change. Our lawyers have expertise negotiating, drafting and reviewing employment agreements, employment manuals and restrictive covenants. We can protect your intellectual property and help your businesses restructure through merger, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
Recent Business Transformations:
- Drafted independent contractor and restrictive covenant agreement for a collection agency
- Assisted in the purchase of a Buckhead restaurant, including restrictive covenant issues
- Assisted a Midtown Atlanta restaurant in lease negotiations
- Negotiated and drafted business dissolution agreement between principals
- Negotiated sale of McFadden Business Publications to Thomson Publishing
Businesses face a myriad of rules and laws from multiple governmental bodies. We have the expertise to provide counsel and representation regarding employment discrimination charges, wage and hour compliance, unemployment claims, EEOC claims and all employment oriented litigation.
- Assisted an office park collect overdue accounts
- Assisted a manufacturing company with tax audit
- Defended a restaurant from construction claim
- Defended a large dental practice from a wage and hour claim
Restaurants face issues that are unique to their trade, such as alcoholic beverage licensing and policies, tipped employees and tip pooling rules, immigration and status issues, franchise disputes and the protection of intellectual property. We have a track record of success in representing restaurants in all of these areas.
- Helped a Pennsylvania franchisee in a dispute with an Atlanta based franchisor
- Successfully defended an intellectual property claim against an Atlanta restaurant brought by a New York restaurant with the same name
- Assisted a restaurant respond to an unemployment claim brought by a temporary employee
- Drafted leases for restaurant
- Represented restaurants in achieving state and local alcoholic beverage permits.